Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Objectives

1. Get to know the interviewed.
2. Tell them something about me to make them more comfortable.
3. ask them questions that hopefully won't bother them.
4. Joke and have fun with them so they talk more.
5. I'll probably get their email or phone number so that I can be a friend with them if it will work.
6. I'll discuss with my group members what I learned and what interested me the most.
7. We will write a report as a group about what we did.
8. The things that I will do my best to learn:
A) Their culture regardless of greetings.
B) Something unique about their language.
C) Situations they have faced, so that I can compare them to mine and learn from them.

--- Mohammed Aldegaither.

21 comments:

  1. Your first objectives are right on Mohammed: this will generate goodwill in your interviewees and should help make the process productive. I'll be interested to see what your peers have to say.
    cheers
    Roland

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your fourth objective, it is key to have fun and joke around while doing your interview.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the way you are trying to make the interviewee comfortable and have a good communication with them. Your objectives are pretty much clear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your very first objective because getting to know the interviewed will help to build a good foundation of communication and show the respect to the interviewed person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done. i learned something from you objectives. good job

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like your objectives and how you are making a point to keep the interviewee relaxed and comfortable during the interview

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeap~ get to know the interviewers is really important. Only make them feel like they want to talk, then you can know more about them and their culure!! good point!
    --Wei Zhang

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like how you tell them something about you, so it makes them more relaxed

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great objectives, the fact that you will make the interviewee more confortable will definetly help you get more information out of him/her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, we have to tell about ourselves to our interviewees! I never knew that. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i like how you want to become friends with them, having international friends can really change the way you view others.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think that # 4 is going to really help you out because joking around and having fun with them will be a real ice breaker!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i can see that you pay a lot attention on improving the interview atmosphere. that really impress me !!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great objectives! I like your focus on becoming friendly with the interviewee and creating a comfortable interviewing environment.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well planned and thought out objevtives, it will make for a great interview.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Seems to be well planned out, i like how you want to make it fun to keep things relaxed.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like that you are trying to keep it fun and entertaining. Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  18. # 4 is great :) It is definitely important that the student is able to open up to you.
    Good objectives well thought through

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mohammed--these are awesome objectives! I don't understand 8A, however. We'll have to talk about that one later. I'm glad to see that you know what you want. I'm proud to be a part of your group!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your objectives seems good. I think the most interesting part is to know about other internationl students. It is more like knowing about their country and their culture as well.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think you have good questions and objective. It is good to get them comfortable in the environment. However I would pick jokes wisely only because you do not want to offend them by telling a joke they would find offensive.

    ReplyDelete